Huns: V-Split

IamComing_

đã Post26 Tháng 4 2011 - 8:14 pm
Now keep in mind that im not that good when it comes to explaining these type of thing's sorry bare with me.

You must login into Voobly to view image

V-Splitting
Im just going to get right down to the basics of V-Splitting and how it works and why it is effective

V-Splitting is pretty much what it sounds like, you start with a 3 Stable build and you want to shoot for 6 Stables, anything else after that is entirely up to you. I prefer 6 Stables, 4 Rax, and somewhere around 8-9 Archery Ranges with 2-Siege Workshops, depending on if I go Market or not, but I'll talk about that later.

Okay so you have 6 Stables up I hope? Now the obvious thing to do is fill up those stables with 10-15 paladins each, depending on if you want to save gold for other units or rams or w/e. The gathering points of 4 Stables will be split, 2 to the left of your opponents base, 2 to the right.. the idea is.. When you start your patrol/push and if your opponent patrols/pushes with you, you have 2 options..

A)Have your paladins slam into the sides of your opponents army like a typhoon.
B)Have your paladins slam into the sides of your opponents base like a typhoon.

Option Awill most likely force your opponent back into the protection of their base due to the sheer numbers of your paladins, in which case you can follow him and hit him head on, or those 2 paladin groups can smack your enemy in the sides while your main army hits the front.

Option B will most likely force your opponent to send a portion of their army to fend off your paladins, giving your main army an edge.

I will upload more information on this in the following days, possibly some recs, I have some old recs of this strategy being used successfully vs PayMyMoney and I think a few others im not sure at the moment.
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 Slenderblood

đã Post26 Tháng 4 2011 - 10:43 pm
IamComing_ wrote:
Now keep in mind that im not that good when it comes to explaining these type of thing's sorry bare with me.

Guide isn't really detailed enough :/
 KD2K

Đã được sửa27 Tháng 4 2011 - 4:43 pm bởiKD2K
Honda, I don't really understand the point of ... "V-Splitting". Creating 6 stables would be wholly specific to a market strategy, there's simply no way that you can justify using a 6 stable start with 10-15 paladins in each without it; you'll just end up losing your initial paladins to halbs, have less cavalry archers than your opponent and ultimately kill yourself through gold exhaustion and ineffective unit combination.

Also, dividing your force is a bad idea if your opponent is camping/turtling. You're better off keeping your force in one place and diverting some of your heavier units (e.g. paladins) away from the field if you either:

- Have more units than your opponent or;
- You have a solid defense of castles to compensate for the units you are using to to lure/damage units/buildings at the side/back of their base.

If you want my opinion, you need to keep your guides together, not stagger them out with small releases. You also need to tell the players what they need to achieve economy/military wise with regard to making this strategy work. Simply plowing units into the side of someone won't get you the win. If it did, I'm sure I would of come across this "V-Splitting" idea in the past. What you've got here is known as flanking the enemy.

Explain in a bit more depth everything the player needs to do to make this work and I think you'll be onto something. Is it helpful to mine stone early and follow through with villagers to wall/castle those flanks and suppress the enemy? If so, why? Is it important to farm food early to compensate for the food loss? What happens if it goes wrong? Support flanks, or consolidate back to your base?

Also, I think you should give some objectives to flanking. Is it it restrict movement or kill eco? Gold, wood, stone, which and why?

Also! this strategy will have only varying success. Dividing your forces against someone with a strong barrack or market start is just a significantly bad idea if he rolls your front and pushes you back early. Your typhoon could be overwhelmed by their own typhoon...

_Kd
 Slenderblood

đã Post28 Tháng 4 2011 - 3:50 am
KD2K wrote:
If you want my opinion, you need to keep your guides together, not stagger them out with small releases.
Agreed
 Good

đã Post9 Tháng 8 2011 - 4:55 pm
lol, pwned.

i really don't like or agree with this strategy.

if i was going to flank like this, i am more likely to hold paladin in my base for defence and then send out 20 or so paladins each way to flank. if the enemy is not patrolling in then i can use some of these paladin for raiding.

i don't like the strategy primarily for the reason that kd said, it weakens you at the start in the event of a player sending in some early patrols (which most players who have some experience of huns will do).

[1]
Hiển thị 1 - 5 ngoài 5 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách