RCB Fair Mod Discussion

['RB']nhoobish

Đã được sửa19 Tháng 5 2016 - 4:46 pm bởi['RB']nhoobish
May 2016

2016.05 Charlemagne receive +2 AP against Pyramid.
2016.05 The Frankish Unique Technology - Bearded Axe - now gives +1 Range to Charlemagne aswell.
2016.05 Franks Knight-line +20% HP bonus now applies to all Cavalry units.
2016.05 Charlemagne Range reverted back to 3.

The following changes were made due to:
  • Charlemagne will get a bonus damage against the Pyramid to encourage early game rushing, meaning that less games are likely to end up in a situation where more than 2 players have bought Genghis Khan and thus making the game longer by roughly 30 minutes.
  • Franks Knight-line +20% HP bonus now applies to all Cavalry units and Frankish Unique Technology - Bearded Axe - now gives +1 Range to Charlemagne aswell were added, because Franks cannot really do anything else in the game aside from buying Villagers early on and then flooding the map with Paladins. Hopefully this will give a Frankish player more options to choose from now and games will not be 100% Paladin flood/feed fests.
  • Charlemagne Range reverted back to 3 was a necessary change to give Robin Hood and some Unique Units back their fighting chance in early game situations.
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 GoNe_MaD

Đã được sửa19 Tháng 5 2016 - 5:14 pm bởiGoNe_MaD
Boo, no like the Charly change. ;stick ;poke ;thumbdown
 ['RB']nhoobish

Đã được sửa19 Tháng 5 2016 - 5:24 pm bởi['RB']nhoobish
You don't like it gets +2 AP against Pyramids? ggr96cfdm2j9k3ef02ptpkoa8h6kgvbv

Or that Franks Charlemagne gets more Range than others? rjjqpjuxrvd58ofwwfyvherfao83nbr5
 GoNe_MaD

đã Post19 Tháng 5 2016 - 5:50 pm
Charly is sometimes the only alternative for ****ty civs. Nerfing it will only make the OP civs stronger.

If you want to nerf something, nerf persia, turks, and charles martel. Those are OP.
 ['RB']nhoobish

đã Post19 Tháng 5 2016 - 6:21 pm
Charlemagne was appealing to players before it received a Range buff. Now you just feel it is a weak unit, but it is not. Also, Charlemagne is not the only option to counter stronger UUs, there is also Robin Hood and Subotai, even Charles Martel can be considered an early hero. The problem is that really few people actually buy these starting heroes anymore and they either use Archers of Eyes, Charlemange or their UUs/Villagers to get 12 or more. This is why you find yourselves unable to fight against these stronger UUs like Elite Mangudai or Elite War Wagons which can go to 12 Kings with an ease, if no Robin Hoods, Subotais or Charles Martels are present.

By buying an early hero you will decrease the amount of kills the enemy is able to get and yes you are likely to be behind, but if you have enough numbers you should be easily able to actually knock the other player out of the game who is relying on his unique units to carry him to 12 Kings.

Yesterday, I played as Byzantines and bought Subotai, meanwhile 5 other players were saving up for Khans. The first player who did get Khans was knocked out by me in 3 minutes, in the end I finished off 2 more players and had a Genghis Khan aswell, but alas I was unable to beat the Mongol Khan army and in the end I lost the game.
 GoNe_MaD

Đã được sửa19 Tháng 5 2016 - 7:58 pm bởiGoNe_MaD
Im talking about civs like Aztecs, Vikings, etc. Especially if they are next to something like turks.

Its challenging to even get 4 kings with the **** civs. And you are proposing they wait to get Subotai or Robin Hood?

Turks 8 range vs Charly 3? Nooooope.

;lol
 ['RB']nhoobish

đã Post19 Tháng 5 2016 - 8:22 pm
The so called "**** civs" start with 5 kings mostly or 4. Allowing you instantly to buy Archers of Eyes which is a decent counter to most early game ranged units. It is not always viable to go Charlemagne against every civilization, the same way you do not go Villager with a lot of civilizations. I would not even consider Charlemagne with 4 range against Janissaries aswell, I rather buy Archers of Eyes or go Villager in that sort of situation. Overall, the Charlemagne unit was never meant to be used to counter everything, it was meant as an addition against Henry V and other early Melee units.
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

đã Post20 Tháng 5 2016 - 3:20 am
Charlemagne was appealing to players before it received a Range buff. Now you just feel it is a weak unit, but it is not. Also, Charlemagne is not the only option to counter stronger UUs, there is also Robin Hood and Subotai, even Charles Martel can be considered an early hero. The problem is that really few people actually buy these starting heroes anymore and they either use Archers of Eyes, Charlemange or their UUs/Villagers to get 12 or more. This is why you find yourselves unable to fight against these stronger UUs like Elite Mangudai or Elite War Wagons which can go to 12 Kings with an ease, if no Robin Hoods, Subotais or Charles Martels are present.

By buying an early hero you will decrease the amount of kills the enemy is able to get and yes you are likely to be behind, but if you have enough numbers you should be easily able to actually knock the other player out of the game who is relying on his unique units to carry him to 12 Kings.

Yesterday, I played as Byzantines and bought Subotai, meanwhile 5 other players were saving up for Khans. The first player who did get Khans was knocked out by me in 3 minutes, in the end I finished off 2 more players and had a Genghis Khan aswell, but alas I was unable to beat the Mongol Khan army and in the end I lost the game.

If you raise the price of Khan/Harald more people will buy Beli/William. You'd have to likely weaken Beli/William. The reason I bring this up is it just shows how hard it is to get things "right." Since the majority of people go for top tier units it's a consideration to raise the price of said units but that'd require editing the actual map.

I don't agree with Charlemagne only having three range again. I don't play anymore though so there's that. I feel like maybe it'd be better nerfing Charlemagne some other way like doing just one king refunded but **** you know what that'd require a map edit too. Nvm.

Anyways, I'll shut up now.
 ['RB']nhoobish

Đã được sửa11 Tháng 9 2016 - 11:37 am bởi['RB']nhoobish
September 2016

2016.09 Goth Heroes receive +1 Pierce Armour (must research Anarchy to take effect).
2016.09 Teuton Heroes receive +1 Melee Armour (must research Crenellations to take effect).
2016.09 Celts can now research Squires.
2016.09 Mayans are not able to research Plate Barding Armour anymore.
2016.09 Mayans are not able to research Bloodlines anymore.
2016.09 Yeomen no longer give +2 AP to Foot Archers, only +1 AP now.
2016.09 Crenellations can be researched starting from Castle Age.

Obversely wrote:
Civilization Statistics

Rank

Civilization

Mayans
Britons
Saracens
Byzantines
Turks
Mongols
Koreans
Huns
Chinese
Japanese
Vikings
Spanish
Aztecs
Persians
Franks
Celts
Goths
Teutons

Winrate

20%
19%
17%
16%
16%
16%
15%
15%
15%
14%
14%
14%
13%
12%
11%
9%
7%
5%
Matches Won

Matches Played

The following changes were made due to:
  • Crenellations were moved to the Castle Age to boost the effectiveness of Teuton Towers in early game corner and middle fights. Hopefully being able to research the technology a little bit earlier will give them a better chance at getting additional razings and kills.
  • As the RCB FFA League proved with Civilization winrates, something had to be done to slightly nerf Mayans and Britons. For this reason the modified Yeomen upgrade was nerfed and Mayans cannot research Bloodlines nor Plate Barding Armour.
  • Celts being one of the Civilizations at the bottom of the winrate table, they now are granted with the ability to research Squires.
    Note: You still have to buy a Villager and make a Barracks in order to benefit from it, because Squires is not researched automatically at the game start.
  • Teutons and Goths being below Celts, deserve an all-rounded buff to make them slightly stronger. Teutons are known to be resistant to melee damage as the Unique Unit suggests, for this reason all of the Hero Units controlled by Teutons gain +1 Melee Armour. Similar to Teutons, Goths are known to be resistant to Pierce Damage, therefore they gain +1 Pierce Armour for all Goth Heroes.
    Note: Teutons have to research Crenellations for the buff to take effect, Goths have to research Anarchy.
 [ViCiouS]JlackalL

đã Post11 Tháng 9 2016 - 12:12 pm
It's about time you had some good ideas. Thanks for the changes
 Ox_MeTrOiD_xO

đã Post16 Tháng 9 2016 - 12:11 am
Gates: change unit class so units attack them automatically (this deals with the issue of people building too many gates and makes it so you don't need to limit the number)

Skirms: slow these assholes down a little bit (decrease movement speed)

Faith: skirms have too much conversion resistance, this value should be lowered

Map revealer - it's still bugged on center hill. Not sure how to fix.
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

đã Post16 Tháng 9 2016 - 12:23 am
the gates suggestion is bad. so you patrol your archer of eye but instead of walking on until they fight units or towers they stop and fight the gate. great...
also theo, williams and beli would be OP. they are annoying enough as they are right now.
(i personally think they should be removed, they often end up in terrible camping games)

dont see the issue with skirmishers but wouldnt mind if they were a little slower. trapping them is the only effective way to convert them anyway, so speed doesnt really matter.

faith... maybe.
 Ox_MeTrOiD_xO

Đã được sửa16 Tháng 9 2016 - 12:51 am bởiOx_MeTrOiD_xO
the gates suggestion is bad. so you patrol your archer of eye but instead of walking on until they fight units or towers they stop and fight the gate. great...
also theo, williams and beli would be OP. they are annoying enough as they are right now.
(i personally think they should be removed, they often end up in terrible camping games)

dont see the issue with skirmishers but wouldnt mind if they were a little slower. trapping them is the only effective way to convert them anyway, so speed doesnt really matter.

faith... maybe.

Decent point about patrol. I could see people building a ton of games as distractions/ "junk" units while their units do some killing. Idk it's a tough call. I say increase the price of gates slightly and try it out and see how people like it. At least initially though (by initially I mean in the beginning of the game)... the whole units attacking the gate thing wouldn't be that bad.

I don't think Beli/William/Theo are that great and it would be nice to help them. I can't really say though. I haven't played enough games since playing yesterday and today. I was also going to suggest nerfing archers of the eyes but I'm not really 100% on that.

I was watching one of the RCB League Championship games today and it was sad that 4 or 5 /8 players were archers of the eyes. Like wtf?

Oh!

Wtf. Why can you build palisade in front of towers in P1's base? Did this exploit prevention get removed? Did I remove it? I have a vague memory of something being wrong with it and I said **** it and deleted it. That probably wasn't the correct choice.

One last thing: based on the above win percentage list it seems all infantry based civilizations need some sort of a boost.

['RB']nhoobish

đã Post16 Tháng 9 2016 - 10:14 am
If you are the real Weapon, feel free to request the rights back. I am never going to do that many changes.

Regarding Gates and Melee Heroes
The class for Gates will not be changed, as it probably breaks the game and they would work as a 4000 Hitpoint distractions when defending base. Gate cost could be changed to 40 Stone or Beli/William/Theo could receive a AP bonus vs Gates, either way it should be easier for those units to attack a base.
That being said Beli/William/Theo do not lead to "camp" games, it happens, if 3-4 people rush and buy Khans.

Elite Skirmisher
Quote:
Elite Skirmisher Movement Speed increased (.95->1.15) and more resistant to conversion.
A change done more than 2 years ago by Weapon. I am not going to touch it as the overall speed of units was massively increased aswell and just yesterday my Skirmisher got converted in 2 seconds, which was ridiculous. The lag delay did not even allow it to move before conversion, Faith is staying as it is. That aside, you only need to trap Elite Skirmishers when a player has them powered up, otherwise there is no real point to do it as the unit is meaningless compared to the Genitour in the past. It only attracts 5-15% of arrow fire, if you repatrol.

Scenario Editing
Not going to touch the scenario itself.
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

đã Post17 Tháng 9 2016 - 12:48 am
Yep, that's me.

I think it could work. It would be fun to try and would mix things up a bit.

Just reduce gate hp by 1k or so to start.

See... About skirms. It's so damn I consistent. Monk was walking it for 6 seconds and nothing in a game I played.

At the very least their speed is a bit too high.

123[4]5678910
Hiển thị 46 - 60 ngoài 143 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
3 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên3 Khách